In the summer when the tomatoes are at their peak, we would eat these as kids at Grandma’s house. This sandwich is probably under appreciated because of how simple it is to make, but don’t let that fool you. The cucumber and extra sharp cheddar cheese add a little kick to this little gem.
Let’s make it
- FIXINS –
- 2 slices of favorite bread
- 1 garden fresh tomato
- 1 cucumber
- 2 thin slices extra sharp cheddar
- spread of mayonnaise
- salt & pepper to taste
- MISC –
- Little bit of butter to toast the bread
- Lightly butter and toast one side of the bread (the toasted side goes in towards the tomatoes).
- Put mayo on the toasted side of the bread.
- Cut your fresh tomatoes about 1/4 inch thick; these are the stars of the show here. Put them on the bottom slice of bread, then season the tomatoes with salt and pepper.
- Cut some cucumber slices extra thin; we just want a hint of the cucumber, nothing to overpower the tomatoes. Don’t forget to salt the cucumber slices!
- Shave some of the extra sharp cheddar cheese again, as thin as you can get it!
- Spread some more mayo on the top slice of bread on the toasted side and enjoy!
Thanks again and if you try it let me know, I would love to hear from you.