Are you in need of a quick lunch or fast dinner? This sandwich is your answer, loaded with ham, salami, pepperoni, and good toppings.
The combination of cured meats, soft bread, and a crunchy pickle on the side—what more do you need?
Who’s ready to eat?
Let’s Make it
- SANDWICH –
- bread of choice (hoagie, sliced bread or flatbread)
- sharp cheddar cheese
- pickled red onions (recipe)
- roasted red peppers
- seared cherry tomatoes
- SAUCE –
- 1 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. spicy mustard
- shake of oregano
- MISC –
- grated parmesan
- olive oil
- red wine vinegar
- salt & pepper
- Start by making your sauce. Combine the mayonnaise, spicy mustard, and oregano and mix it up. Slather that on your bread. Sandwiches need to be juicy for them to be good; you can’t have a dry sandwich!
- Put a few cherry tomatoes in a small sauce pan with a little olive oil over medium-high heat and let them char, tossing them around while you put your sandwich together.
- Layer on your meats, cheese, peppers, and lettuce on or in your bread; after the tomatoes are seared and burst, drop them on the top of the sandwich.
- Finish it off with a drizzle of olive oil and red wine vinegar, salt, pepper, and a shake or two of grated parmesan.
Enjoy the easy, delicious sandwich of your dreams.