I think we are making what I think is one of the most iconic burgers. I mean, if you have been to McDonald’s, I’m pretty sure you have had this sandwich! Follow along while I make it in the camper with what we have in the fridge.
Sometimes when you have a hankering for something, you probably won’t have all the correct ingredients, so you just have to make do with what you have on hand. It will turn out just fine.
When I was making this video, the meat was frozen, and well, I stopped the video and forgot to restart it. Haha, rookie mistake. I’ll try and make another video of this later because it’s just so good that I won’t mind making it a few times.
“Two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions — on a sesame seed bun.”
Let’s Cook it
- SAUCE –
- 2 tbsp. mayo
- 1 tsp. ketchup
- 1/8 tsp vegetable oil
- splash of apple cider vinegar
- 3 shakes of paprika
- few shakes of onion salt
- pinch of sugar
- 1 tsp sweet relish or dill your choice
- FIXINS –
- 3 slices of bread
- 2 hamburger patties
- 1 tbsp. fine minced onion
- pickle slices
- 2 slices of American cheese
- MISC –
- Little bit of butter to toast the bread/buns
- Salt and pepper both sides of the patties and cook them till the juice runs clear or till they are at the temperature you like for a good hamburger.
- Spread the butter on the griddle or on the bun, depending on the type of person you are, and toast 1 side of 2 of them, and 2 sides of one of them for the middle. (If you don’t have a griddle, feel free to use a blow torch).
- Build the burger from the bottom up; sauce, onion, lettuce, cheese, hamburger patty, and the middle bun. Spread sauce on the top of the middle bun, add onions, lettuce, patty, and pickle slices, and finish with the top bun!
I hope you enjoy it. Let me know what you think if you try it.
The ingredients are pretty much for one person, just increase them to your needs for more people.